Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion ay009ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm planning to replace current old Adapter with latest wifi adapter for my laptop.

I want to know if any WiFi will work.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

To the best of our knowledge it does not have a BIOS whitelist.   HP does not publish that information.

If your notebook has the Broadcom BCM43142 or Realtek 8723BE or DE wifi adapter, the only wifi adapter you can do a direct swap to would be this one.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The card has the same throughput as the RTL8723DE card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router, it has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi adapter removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05087748

Any other wifi adapter would require you to purchase an additional wifi antenna kit listed in the service manual and you would have to completely disassemble the entire notebook including the display panel area, to properly install the second antenna.

HP Recommended

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

I have seen this Wireless adapter but unfortunately I live in Pakistan where it's nearly impossible to find HP recommended parts. Can I use same card but without HP part number?

HP Recommended

Ye, you should be able to.

I have seen where folks from other countries can buy it on Ali Express if they do business in Pakistan.

HP Recommended

I can order from Aliexpress.

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should be fine with whatever version of the RTL8821CE they send you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.