Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to find a different driver for the HP cddvdw Ts l633n drive that came in my laptop.  I'm running windows 7 64.  The driver that window provides does not work when trying to burn with nero10.  Does anyone know where I can find an HP driver?  Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Critter1919,

@Critter1919 wrote:

I need to find a different driver for the HP cddvdw Ts l633n drive that came in my laptop.  I'm running windows 7 64.  The driver that window provides does not work when trying to burn with nero10.  Does anyone know where I can find an HP driver?  Thanks for your help.

What is the product name of HP notebook that you own?

Your DVD drive should easily work without any  DVD/CD media authoring software without issues. If it does not then you may have a registry issue or a hardware problem.

best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Windows Drivers for optical drives are generic in nature, there are no alternatives.

Do you mean Firmware?

HP Recommended

Hi Critter1919,

@Critter1919 wrote:

What is the product name of HP notebook that you own?

Your DVD drive should easily work without any  DVD/CD media authoring software without issues. If it does not then you may have a registry issue or a hardware problem.

best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Its a compact presario cq 56 115.  And yeah I guess i mean firmware.  Drive work but with nero i get an error and I  told it a driver or firmare issue.

HP Recommended

HP does not have a firmware update for that model, you may have to use another brand of buriing software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4308...

HP Recommended

Don't let the techies fool you.....these drives go blank all the time. The go blank on laptops and they go blank on desktops....especially HP ones. And forget about getting drivers for them!

I'm currently having the issue on my laptop. It will recognize a disk one minute and then say it is all wrong in the next!  If it were human you'd call it a liar! FYI - this laptop is less than a year old and it's been going on for months. If I'd never experienced it before, I'd be worried but, since it happens on the HP desktop too.... You just wish that the tech people who respond would do so honestly and explain that these drives have this issue all the time. I ended up replacing both of my DVD drives in my HP desktop because of the instability of the HP drives. It was hit or miss on getting a CD to play or burn. And if you google, you'll find out that the HP drives are really bad about this.

HP Recommended

Those of you who are having problems with your ts-l633n driver, running window7, might be interested in my solution. This is the 2nd occurence, luckly I am still covered by hp warranty. First you must remove the dvd from device manager, then  You must edit the regestry, by typing in  regedit. Remove  lower filter under the dvd keys. Once that is done, recheck my computer to see if your dvd is visible , if so go to hp support and update your bios. This is suppose to be a permanent fix. Hope this helps

HP Recommended

I called today on this same issue. They went through a few steps and then told me I had to reinstall windows. They wanted me to wipe disk clean and then see if dvd worked. WOW. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, my drive will read burnt DVD's and CD roms, the minute I out  an original DVD movie it just spins in short burst looking to read the DVD for a while and does not register. when i click on the drive on explorer, it ejects and ask me to  put in a DVD. Running a HP Laptop with Windows7......I have uninstall the driver and reloaded it and still no go.

HP Recommended

Your comment was the closest to a real answer I could get.  Where exactly is the registry key (lower buffer)that needs to modified?

Thanks!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.