Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-DA1018TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Please help me . I have bought new laptop before 1 month . Model  15-da1018tu 

windows 10 very slow so that i changed to windows 8.1 

after change there is no driver in this new model laptop

I am very disappointed please help to say any sollution

some keys also doesn’t work  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yeah that's not a viable strategy to speed up your laptop. Windows 8.1 is no "faster" than Windows 10. I would put Windows 10 back on and then let's start looking for the cause of the slowness. You might be surprised how much better a clean install of Windows 10 will be. If I had to guess where the slowness comes from its the 5400 rpm hard drive and 4 gb RAM which is the bottleneck. 

The keyboard is another matter. You should run a diagnostic test on the keyboard but I am betting you wiped off the UEFI diagnostic software when you downgraded to 8.1. Post back if you want to discuss how to get it back. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.