Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n225se Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a HP Pavilion 15-n023sa which I upgraded by replacing the system board with 737986-501 (effectively upgrading AMD A4-5000 APU to Intel i7-4500u + Nvidia GT740m) I guess you could also say I now have Pavilion 15-n225se with upgrade to touchscreen. I also moved the existing HDD to the cd drive slot using a caddy and installed a Crucial MX500 SSD in its place. I completely reinstalled Windows on the SSD and downloaded all the drivers from HP support site.

Performance is great now and everything works, except one thing, a usuable Nividia driver. The one provided by HP is too old for any modern software to use, however if I update it to the latest driver either using Windows update or from Nvidia site while the GPU can be used for a few minutes it inevitably blue screens.

Does anyone here remember the latest Driver for Nvidia Geforce GT740m that actually worked, or know of a solution?

Thank you for your help,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Alex:

I checked all of the HP notebooks that I know of that come with that model GPU, and the driver on your notebook's support page was the last one released by HP for the GT740M.

HP Recommended

Wow, thanks for putting in the effort to check each product for me. I hadn't even thought of doing that.

There is no chance of getting a non HP driver to work for this is there?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I doubt it since you have tried the GT740M driver from Nvidia.

Perhaps you can try one of the older versions between what HP has and the newest one available.

Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.