cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fromg
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Dropped my laptop, plastic around hinge isnt connected to top of computer on one side

HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 14z-fq000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I dropped my computer earlier and when i opened it I heard a sort of scraping sound, checked hinge and realized the left side of the plastic isn't connected to the top of the computer anymore. It hasn't fallen off, and the computer still works, but I'm worried that if I leave it like that and let it scrape my computer every time I open/close it it'll cause worse damage. Is there a way to fix this myself, or will I have to take it to a repair store? 

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,467 30,374 2,776 6,710
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fromg 

Sorry, but this is just a self-help community forum staffed by part-time volunteers.  We are not hardware technicians and have no way to walk you through doing any such repairs.

You really need to take this in somewhere and get the hinge repaired before it breaks off entirely.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation