Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch001nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. 

I am clumsy. I spilled glass of water on my ntb. However my reactions were pretty quick. I lifted my pc immediately and turned it off in just a few seconds. In same moment I unpluged power cable. Until I turned it off, pc was still running. Unfortunately, I was not able to unplug battery because i did not have right screwdrivers. Another day I went to buy screwdrivers and removed cover from pc. Everything looked dry, so I tried to turn it on. No reaction. I hoped that it would be just low battery so I charged battery and tried again. Again, no reaction. When I was charging battery, light indicator of charging was on. But when I tried turn it on, light indicator in powerbutton did nothing, even vents in coolers was not rotating. Simpy, no reaction to pushing or holding power button. So I took apart whole ntb, tried to strat up just motherboard, without display, keyboard, touchpad, speakers, without everything. Nothing. I tried to turn it on just with power cable or just with battery. Still nothing. I am scared that motherboard will be broken, but everything looks ok with it. I was trying to find some signs of water inside ntb but nothing. Everywhere was just dust. What kinda surprised me, whole motherboard was covered with copper tapes or several types of foils. It looked that water should not easily get trough them to board. After everything I lost almost all my hope, but tried to connect everything back and tried strat it up again, by cord, battery and both. Still nothing. I am studiing IT so I am dependent on my pc. 

Is there anything I did not tried?? Is my motherboard already lost? 

I am confused that i have no reaction. I would expect at least some beep sound or anything. Maybe some LED blinking or anything. 

Thans for all your reaponses, Eduard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Based on your reply, it would seem that there is likely to be a system board issue. 

Unfortunately, this is the limit of the assistance I can provide.

You can contact HP  warranty service Slovakia to ask for assistance. 

https://www8.hp.com/sk/sk/contact-hp/contact.html

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Put the notebook back together again.

Purchase a bag or two of of rice and a large enough plastic bag for your notebook to fit inside with it open. 

Put enough rice in the bag to cover the bottom and the keyboard.

Seal the bag and leave it for a day or so. 

The rice will absorb the moisture and after the day has passed you can remove it from the bag, charge the battery and try powering  the notebook on again.

Let us know how it goes.

Warranty will not apply to an owner induced damage like this unless you happen to have purchased the full  HP Care pack.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello. I tried what u adviced me. My pc was in rice for several days now, but nothing changed. My pc is still not running. Is there anything else I could do ??

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Are you able to fully charge the notebook? Does the power/charge LED turn white?

Try a hard reset of your notebook. See the instructions and tutorial at the HP document available at the ink below this line.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Let us know if you are still not able to start the notebook

HP Recommended

Yes. I am able to fully charge and yes, LED turns white. I tried hard reset but did not helped.

What can I do next ?

HP Recommended

Based on your reply, it would seem that there is likely to be a system board issue. 

Unfortunately, this is the limit of the assistance I can provide.

You can contact HP  warranty service Slovakia to ask for assistance. 

https://www8.hp.com/sk/sk/contact-hp/contact.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.