Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Probook 440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am seriously bamboozled over the HP ProBook 440 G5 possibilities for adapting the hard drive storage configuration. I would like to have a 256GB pcie nvme SSD drive in the m.2 slot as the boot drive and a larger SSD hard drive in the 2.5” bay.

I have been told that this PC cannot run these as dual drives. You must select one or the other because there's one port on the motherboard that goes off and can attach to either an M.2 daughterboard or a SATA daughter board. Is this true for all 440 G5s? If not and it depends on the version then how can one determine which?

If it is true for all then I would be interested in using a ProBook 440 G6 which I have seen using dual drives -but then would this also depend on the version?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

My conclusion to further research is that HP choose not to mention in their  specfications that although there are two bays they are not for dual use. If you were to proceed to the specifications on the G7 model it is clearly pointed out that they can indeed be used in dual operation. I find that lack of clarity for the G5/G6 (and presumbly others) astounding !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.