03-05-2017 04:43 PM
Left hinge pushes case open. When this first started I would hear a bizarre noise from the cooling fan when I would try to snap the case back together. The problem was bad enough that I stopped opening and closing my notebook computer to prevent further damage. Now the cooling fan appears to have failed altogether. I am out of warranty, but this seems to be a design or material problem as I have seen a number of similar posts on support forums. Please help. I'd love to use my computer as intended.
03-05-2017 04:46 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot