Piet345 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ENVY 17 -j120ed Leap Motion Left Hinge broken

ENVY 17 Leap Motion

I have bought this in 2013, I haven't used the laptop in the past 3 years because of personal reasons.

When I wanted to use the laptop again, I found that the left hinge is malfunctioning.

I have found that this is a common problem in this type of laptop so I asume that there is already a solution for this.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1613
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  I found that the left hinge is malfunctioning. I have found that this is a common problem in this type of laptop so I asume that there is already a solution for this. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

On this forum, into the "enter search term" window (near the top of this web-page), enter "left hinge broken".

The search returns '800' results. Maybe, one of those results has a solution to the problem ???

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1613
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> common problem

See: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Left-Hinge-of-an-HP-Envy-17-Not...

This is 13(!) web-pages on the same topic ("Envy Left Hinge").

0 Kudos
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 119 417
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Piet345

Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation