12-18-2013 11:37 AM
I just received my new laptop last night (ENVY Quad, Windows 8 Pro, 16GB Memory, Intel 7 CPU) and I had similar issues as others while trying to play online games. I was able to go into the touchpad controls and remove the settings that stopped me from using the pad while while pressing another key.
The issue I now have is that while pressing another key to 'walk' in my online game; I cannot get a response from the pad to perform a 'left mouse click'. Essentially I can choose to use my keyboard OR click my mouse.
Also, it seems to take a moment or two to realise I stopped using my keyboard before allowing a mouse click.
Any ideas on a setting I can change to allow simultaneous Mouse-clicks and keyboard usage? or is this a defect in my system?
12-23-2013 09:21 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 11:04 AM by OscarFuentes
I understand you are having issue with the mouse click. If you disable the pad it will stop the functions all together.
Here is a document on a TouchPad pointing device with a touch-sensitive surface.
Hope this helps with settings.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot