Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ENVY m6-1178sa Broken screen hinge help

Hello, 

I have the same exact problem. My warranty expired a couple of months ago. Even so, it would have been terribly in convenient for me to sent my laptop out and wait weeks on end to repair a problem that seems to just be a design flaw. The broken hinge has caused the entire bottom right corner of the sceen to break away. Please advise on options.

Thank you

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,313 1,924 22 75
Message 2 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @echoltiv ,

I have sent you issue to be escalated and do check your private message when a HP employee reaches out to you.

Best,

Russ

I worked for HP.
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,642 9,634 7 162
Message 3 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

05/07/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this problem. I bought the laptop in May 2013 and the right hinge has broken causing the screen to begin to split. Is there anyway this can be easily and quickly repaired? I'm a PhD student and rely on my laptop for my work.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,642 9,634 7 162
Message 5 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

08/14/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 3
Message 6 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Oh my goodness! I'm having the same problem with my left hinge.  The hinge started to crack out of nowhere and the lid screen did not close properly.  I've been trying to find a fix for this for months and the problem is I have no idea how to repair it without spending a LOT of money.  The monitor still works but in the beginning when the hinge started cracking I stopped closing the lid all together because the screen started separating and the bottom left corner of the screen had a small black patch.  It seems as if hp hp should address this issue because it seems to be quite common as I came across this when I googled this problem. I am always very careful with my laptop as I rely on it for word processing. 

I bought my notebook at best buy 2 years ago (goodbye guarantee/warranty) and I'm in Canada so I'm not even sure if there is any official hp place I could send it to. Please some help me with this, this computer is my main and only one and as a working mom of 4 I cannot afford for the problem to get worse.  Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Jeff, problem is now solved. Great service by HP!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,642 9,634 7 162
Message 8 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

09/09/14- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And! Yet another HP Envy M6 1178sa with a broken hinge and damage thus caused to the lid! We bought this laptop for our son and he has taken great care of the laptop since purchase only two years ago. However, repeated opening and closing of the lid has caused the hinge to break away and the lid twists now. Its very annoying for a very expensive laptop to have broken so quickly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,642 9,634 7 162
Message 10 of 50
Flag Post
HP Recommended

12/02/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation