Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
ALMAdmin Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ENVY m7-j020dx: Built-in camera is not working

Background:  I have HP Support Assistant running and do all the updates regularly. Chipset/BIOS updates I have made regularly as well so the machine is up to date. I did upgarde to Windows 8.1 as soon as I got my machine less than a year ago

Problem: Never used built-in webcam so I dont know if it ever worked, but trying to use it now and Cyberlink Youcam said there was no camera. Went to device manager and there is no built-in camera listed (it shows my external Logitech but not the built-in camera)

Would like to know how to get the built-in camera working.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ALMAdmin,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I saw your post regarding the problems with the webcam not working for you. Here is an HP document Webcam Troubleshooting with some troubleshooting steps to try. If that link doesn't work then it is most likely a hardware issue, I would recommend calling HP regarding a repair. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or start here if you live outside of North America.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ALMAdmin Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That laptop was a piece of junk. I have thrown it long time ago. First keyboard keys broke. Has a nightmare replacing keyboard but it survived. Then left hinge broke. I was super careful not to close it but assembly cracked where the right hinge is .. was enough for me. No more HP laptops ever. This was the first and last one. I am back to Dell.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation