Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY 15m-ed1023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

NOTE TO HP SUPPORT: THIS NOTE IS A PROFESSIONAL COURTESY AND A WARNING. READ THIS FULLY AND RESPOND ONLY IF YOU UNDERSTAND THIS KNOWN ISSUE AND ONLY IF YOU CAN PROVIDE A KNOWN SOLUTION SUPPORTED, DOCUMENTED, AND PROVIDED BY HP. IF YOU RESPOND TO THIS POST WITHOUT FULLY READING IT, WITHOUT RESEARCHING THE KNOWN ISSUE INTERNALLY, AND WITHOUT PROVIDING AN HP TESTED, SUPPORTED, AND DOCUMENTED SOLUTION, I WILL NOTE YOUR RESPONSE AND NAME, FILE A COMPLAINT WITH TOP-LEVEL HP LEADERSHIP AND AGAINST HP WITH STATE REGULATORS, AND I WILL CITE YOUR NAME IN MY COMPLAINT.

CRITICALLY, THIS IS NOT A NEW ISSUE OR NEW PROBLEM (IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE, YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO RESPOND). THIS PROBLEM IS SYSTEMIC; THEREFORE, IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE (PROBLEM) WHICH HAS CONTINUES TO BE PUBLICLY UNADDRESSED AND UNRESOLVED BY HP. RESPOND THOUGHTFULLY AND INFORMED, OR DO NOT RESPOND AT ALL.

Specs and Info

• HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15m-ed1023dx
  • Purchased at Best Buy on 10/22/2020
  • OS
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home
    • Version: 20H2
    • OS Build: 19042.572
    • Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.5720
  • 11th Gen Intel i7 Core-1165G7
  • 12 GB RAM
  • 512 GB SSD
  • HP Wide Vision HD Camera: Unable to Update Drive
    • Driver Provider: Microsoft
    • Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    • Driver Version: 10.0.19041.488
    • Uninstalling and scanning for new hardware DOES NOT resolve the problem.
  • No Imaging Device in Device Manager
  • Existing HP Support Case # 5055767064
  • I have not and will not perform a factory reset. If HP has not yet tested this system, its hardware, and its components with the latest MS Windows release, that is an HP problem. That task will not fall upon my shoulders without compensation.
  • I have reached out to HP Support who created a remote session and offered nothing more than basic desktop troubleshooting. All of which I’ve already completed prior to and after our session.
  • I will not ship my laptop to HP unless I am guaranteed I will be shipped another model equal to or greater in value and specifications.  Otherwise, I will return the laptop to Best Buy for a full refund.

Primary Problem

As indicated, I purchased an HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15m-ed1023dx last week, 10/22/2020.  The image quality of the internal camera, whether using Windows 10 Camera, Microsoft Teams, or any other collaborative video platform, is horribly poor.  It’s awful; fuzzy, choppy, discolored, and dark.  In fact, poor is an understatement.  No amount of troubleshooting, researching, or resolution attempts have or will resolve this known issue unless HP takes onus, addresses the problem, tests their solution, and subsequently, releases that permanent resolution to the public.  Anything less is counterproductive and unacceptable.

I expect a response based on the criteria I noted above.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MrMartyMcFly I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same problem here with a brand new HP Envy 13 ba0450....    I am very curious how this case was resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.