Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 13 inches, model13z-ag000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP envy x360 13 inches about two years ago. About a week ago, the battery stopped charging but I could still use it. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything then and the battery ran out. Is it possible to boot up the laptop with a charger and disconnect the battery? What should I do? I'd like to make sure the laptop is still good before paying for a replacement battery. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Pages 25-27 show how to remove the back cover and battery. Remove battery, plug it in and see if it turns on for you. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me! I removed the back cover as the manual described. I disconnected the battery but didn't remove it. I plugged the laptop in but it still didn't turn on. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

If you are sure the AC adapter is good then the motherboard is dead.

HP Recommended

I tried both AC adapter and the USB-C and neither one worked. I'm sure the USB-C charger is working because it works on my MacBook Pro. I guess this is it for this cute little laptop. It's less than 3 years old. Thank you for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.