cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

ENVY x360 battery problem

HP Recommended
HP envy x360 13 inches, model13z-ag000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP envy x360 13 inches about two years ago. About a week ago, the battery stopped charging but I could still use it. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything then and the battery ran out. Is it possible to boot up the laptop with a charger and disconnect the battery? What should I do? I'd like to make sure the laptop is still good before paying for a replacement battery. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
43,934 43,720 7,011 12,356
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Pages 25-27 show how to remove the back cover and battery. Remove battery, plug it in and see if it turns on for you. 

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me! I removed the back cover as the manual described. I disconnected the battery but didn't remove it. I plugged the laptop in but it still didn't turn on. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
43,934 43,720 7,011 12,356
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are sure the AC adapter is good then the motherboard is dead.

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried both AC adapter and the USB-C and neither one worked. I'm sure the USB-C charger is working because it works on my MacBook Pro. I guess this is it for this cute little laptop. It's less than 3 years old. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation