Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got the HP ENVY x360 a month ago and after a reboot the keyboard and touchscreen option stopped working for no reason. 

I did a hard reset that did nothing.

Reinstalled the keyboard drivers, still nothing. 

After some time of searching the web and this forum someone helped out by saying to disable the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution - that completely worked for the keyboard.

The screen is still not responding to touch.  Could this be some other driver or whatchamathing that I need to disable?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is very strange for a brand new laptop to be having this problem.  Where did you purchase it?  Because if you have some kind of included service option, I'd take it in to have it checked out.

If there was a corrupt driver, replacing it would be the obvious solution.  When you say you did a "hard reset", do you mean a cold restart?  Or a system restore?  Or a complete recovery of the operating system?

Anyway, very odd that you had to disable the Intel integrated sensor driver.

As for the touch screen, there is a driver for that you can check to see if it's functioning properly.

Press the Windows Icon + X.  When the menu comes up press the letter "M".  That will bring up the device manager.  Under "Human Interface Devices" you will see HID-compliant touch screen.  Is it disabled?  If enabled, right-click and select "update driver."

Lastly, HP does include an "Support Assistant" program that checks for software updates and validates your installation.  You may want to try running that to see if everything checks out A-OK.

"Trying to remain positive and optimistic in an ever growing negative and cynical world. Peace."
HP Recommended

Well the thing is I live in Serbia and I got the laptop from Amazon while I was in the USA. So not sure that is an option. 

Cold restart is what I was doing, turning it completely off, taking the cable out and pushing the power button for 5 sec. 

I did as you suggested. There is no "HID compliant touch screen" on the list but there is a ELAN EzTouchFilter that has a warning button next to it. I reinstalled it, then updated, windows is saying its the latest version, but it's still not working and showing the warning sign. 

The support assistant also did show everything was okay. 

Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

That's strange you don't have an HID-compliant touch-screen driver.  Maybe that ELAN EzTouchFilter is the equivalent.  So you successfully updated the driver and it still shows as having an issue?

EDIT:  I did a quick search on HP ELAN EzTouchFilter and came up with this:

HP 14 and Pavilion 14 Notebook PCs - Elan Touchpad Function Is Lost After Upgrading to Windows 10

There's a driver software download pack there, recommended to install. This may solve your problem.

Otherwise...

Given that you haven't done any major reinstalls, there are several options given that you cannot go back to the seller.

1. Given that this used to work and then stopped, there may have been some Windows update applied that caused an issue.  If your Restore Point backup is activated, you should have several earlier restore points on your system.  Try going back to the one prior to a month ago before the problem started.
  2. If that doesn't help, visit the drivers/software download section for your laptop and download the installation pack for the keyboard/touchpad.  It should cover all input, which includes the touch screen.
  3. Lastly, boot up into the diagnostics menu and select the option to "repair" your installation.  That may correct some kind of corrupt driver software issue you're having.

Beyond that, don't know what else to tell you but to reach out to other experts here.  Good luck.

"Trying to remain positive and optimistic in an ever growing negative and cynical world. Peace."
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.