Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,012 Views)

Elite Thunderbolt 3 65W Dock + HP Spectre X360 Kaby Lake

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Spectre X360 13-w012nb
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I just bought a new HP Spectre X360 with a elite thunderbolt 3 65w dock. After installing all the drivers everything is working when i connect the laptop to the dock. But the only thing that i cannot get to work is the power button on the dock. It doesnt light up in any colour like it says in the manuel and when i press it, it does nothing. I went to search for thunderbolt options in the bios but it seems there are none there. I updated to the latest bios (f.11) btw.

Hope someone can help me with a solution

kind regards

Jelle

Student
Message 2 of 5 (733 Views)

Re: Elite Thunderbolt 3 65W Dock + HP Spectre X360 Kaby Lake

Is there any news on this one? Having planned to buy the new Spectre X360 the docking compatibility is a major feature for me.

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (578 Views)

Bump! I have this dock and the same question, everything else works great. I'd also like to use WoL but I assume those issues are one in the same. 

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (250 Views)

Hello!

Have the same set of quipment and similar problem - power button is not working. I read a lot of information in the internet regarding how to make work HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 dock station with other HP Laptops. Looks like besides driver update FW update is also needed for both controller inside laptop and controller inside dock. This is sometimes related also to laptop BIOS update.

On HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 dock support page there is a FW update package sp79769. But during update last device (Thunderbolt 3 Dock itself) was not found. HP Thunderbolt 3 Dock FW update.jpg

I beleive that this is due to old FW version of the Intel Thunderbolt Controller that is installed in our Spectre x360.

Thunderbolt Controller FW ver.jpg

For other HP (and other vendors) laptops with similar controller already higher NVM FW versions available for download from official support site(s). For our laptop model not yet. 

Dear HP representatives, could you please give your suggestions and opinion whether my estimates are correct. Besides that please inform when Intel Thunderbolt 3 Controller (15D2) FW update for HP Spectre x360 ac0xx is planned to be released and when it will be available for download?

Student
Message 5 of 5 (81 Views)

Hi,

did you find any solution to this?

It's October now, and 4 months later I am still struggling with these same thunderbolt 3 issues..

Thanks & Cheers,

Ilja

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation