Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This unit is used in a vehicle. When I kill the ignition switch this stops AC to the power brick and the screen dims as it has switched to battery power. When I restart the ignition the AC is again powering the brick, but the screen only brigtens up a little, not to full brightness.

When I reboot under AC power the brightness is restored to full. I can't wait to reboot every time I get in the car, but the display is too dim without doing so to be as useful as it might.

I've tried fn+f11 attempting to activate/deactivate the ambient light sensor, no matter what I do neither fn+f9 nor fn+f10 have any effect on screen brightness.

BIOS version F42.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

ToddAtkinson

Please Change your Power Plan settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Post your Windows Version

Use the System with AC power and test the FN keys

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

i have the same issue and the solution you provided does not seem to solve the problem in windows 7. The brightness adjustment shows that it is on its lowest levels but in reality that is not true. The adjustment buttons are dead. It only comes back if i restart my laptop.

HP Recommended

liakouras

I think this is a older problem check the next weeks your Softpaq Manager for BIOS and driver updates.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05348091 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

This unit is used in a vehicle. When I kill the ignition switch this stops AC to the power brick and the screen dims as it has switched to battery power. When I restart the ignition the AC is again powering the brick, but the screen only brigtens up a little, not to full brightness.

When I reboot under AC power the brightness is restored to full. I can't wait to reboot every time I get in the car, but the display is too dim without doing so to be as useful as it might.

I've tried fn+f11 attempting to activate/deactivate the ambient light sensor, no matter what I do neither fn+f9 nor fn+f10 have any effect on screen brightness

my operating system is win8.1 64bit

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.