11-28-2017 04:07 PM
I was looking to see what version & power the USB ports were, and the QuickSpecs diagram says (for the left front side ports):
22. USB 3.0 port
23. USB 3.0 charging port
However I'm not sure what is meant that only #23 is designated a "charging" port, when plugging my iPod touch Lightning cable into it causes Windows 10 to start auto-installing driver software... which I cancelled, but the device still shows as "Apple iPod" in This PC in the 'Devices and Drives' section.
So is #23 being marked as a "charging" port an insignificant descrepancy, or why is it specifically designated this way when the other isn't?
Solved! View Solution.
11-28-2017 04:11 PM
Normally you can use USB 3.0 charging port to charge you phone/tablet when the laptop is off. You can use any port to charge phone/tablet when machine is on.
Hope this helps
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot