Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8770w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

For more heavy 3d graphic work i upgraded the 8770w graphic card (nvidia Q2000M) with a K5100M wich i find on ebay after reading it was compatible with my laptop workstation. But the graphic card is not recognized bu the system (in device manager i have only a generic vga that i think is the one onboard on the cpu).

I’ve read here a solved case that is exactly the same like mine  but the solution (forcing the driver update using the .inf file and the “i have the disk” method) DON’T WORK! When i do that i arrive to the step where the name of the graphic cards are listed and i see 3 or 4 items of Nvidia Quadro K5100M... but selecting one bu one that items i get always the message error that “the driver selected is not compatible with your Windows version” (my Win 7 64 Professional is the original OEM from HP).

For now i’ll go back reinstalling the original 2Gb Quadro.. but i need help because i need to install and use the K5100M (8Gb!) i purchased on ebay!

Tnx  a lot fo any help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.