Level 1
10 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elitebook 8770w don’t recognize the nVidia Quadro K5100M

Elitebook 8770w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

For more heavy 3d graphic work i upgraded the 8770w graphic card (nvidia Q2000M) with a K5100M wich i find on ebay after reading it was compatible with my laptop workstation. But the graphic card is not recognized bu the system (in device manager i have only a generic vga that i think is the one onboard on the cpu).

I’ve read here a solved case that is exactly the same like mine  but the solution (forcing the driver update using the .inf file and the “i have the disk” method) DON’T WORK! When i do that i arrive to the step where the name of the graphic cards are listed and i see 3 or 4 items of Nvidia Quadro K5100M... but selecting one bu one that items i get always the message error that “the driver selected is not compatible with your Windows version” (my Win 7 64 Professional is the original OEM from HP).

For now i’ll go back reinstalling the original 2Gb Quadro.. but i need help because i need to install and use the K5100M (8Gb!) i purchased on ebay!

Tnx  a lot fo any help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation