Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Empty slot next to SSD

HP Recommended
HP15z-db000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop came with 128 SSD. I didn't realize how little that was lol... So I am considering upgrading it to a bigger drive, but before I do and go through the whole hassle of cloning. There is a connector next to the SSD. It's separated in to 2 one side has 5 dots, the other 7. It does not look like the mSATA SSD. The large side looks too long for the longer slot of this connector. I have googled and looked through the manual and pictures and have found nothing. If it is possible to have two drives and not have to remove the existing one that'd be nice. A friend of mine says cloning drives is a hassle... 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
83,948 83,839 10,555 22,634
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Trsak80 

Your machine is a CTO machine therefore we don't have its REAL specs but from your description I believe it only has 128GB M.2 SSD.

The series supports DUAL storage options, you can add 2.5" HDD/SSD to your machine but you need  Hard drive bracket part #  L20455-001. Your machine does not need connector cable and that is a bonus.

Please check, your machine should have a bay for 2.5" HDD/SSD and it should fit a standard 2.5" HDD/SSD with the following connector

sata.jpg

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation