Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ck013ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A problem I've been having with my laptop is the extremely short battery life. In terms of gaming, the laptop lags to an extreme extent while plugged in. However, that problem is for a different thread. 

Relating to the short battery life, I recently took off the back cover of the laptop to access possible upgrades and modifications I could make to the laptop. My question is what the empty slot to the left of the battery is for? Could I install a second battery in the space? 1115181950.jpg

The space has this barcode and very thin foam on both the bottom and the cover.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The space is for a 2.5" hard drive. It is not possible to install a larger battery.

On page 33 of service manual you can see how it looks with hard drive indstalled.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05709135

Since you have an M2 drive the space is empty.

Since you are thinking about upgrades. The max RAM mentioned in service manual is 16Gb, however HP DDR4 systems will run with 32GB of RAM (2x16GB) so that would be the actual max.

In the empty space you could install a 2.5" hard drive or SSD, however you will need to purchase the hard drive bracket and cable.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response, it awnsers my question. Is it possible to install a battery with longer life and capacity?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.