Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Enhancement request: Option to limit battery charge percent

HP Recommended
All HP laptops
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like to request that HP implement this feature on all of their laptops - so that the battery can be optionally limited to a maximum charge percentage / voltage.  

I recently changed from an Elitebook 8560p to a Spectre x360.  As I mentioned in an older thread on this topic, the Elitebook had a clunky way of managing the battery charge level through peak power manager & setting a short charge interval, but at least there was a way to limit how high the battery was charged.

The Spectre x360 offers no way to have the battery chare to any less than 100% / 13.1v.  Many other manufacturers - such as lenovo & Dell offer a feature to limit battery charge level on nearly all of their laptops.

Levovo manages this through a driver they've written.  It should be possible for HP to write a similar driver & software utility to manage battery charge level for users that want that feature.  There is a lot of information available about how leaving lithium batteries at a high voltage, especially when combined with a high temperature leads to permanant capacity loss. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation