06-17-2011 01:05 AM
I just bought a HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, and I plugged it in with the original battery. I let it charge for 3 or 4 hours, and unplugged it and turned it on. It wouldn't turn on because the battery wasnt present. I contacted HP and they sent me a new battery, and I put it in, charged, it and turned it on and it was only at 51%. I charged it some more, and it wouldnt charge it. It said plugged in, and charging, but it would stay at 51%. I contacted HP again, and they sent me a third battery and its doing the same thing. Ive tried uninstalling it from the device manager, and reinstalling it and it hasnt fixed it. Any suggestions?
06-17-2011 09:13 AM
My personal suggestion would be to return the notebook and get a replacement as this could well be a hardware issue - you shouldn't have to be troubleshooting a brand new machine.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot