AlanMack
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 360X convertible trackpad stops working regularly

Envy 360x Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My trackpad keeps stalling. I can use it for 20-30 minutes, then suddenly it just hangs. The only way I can get it to work again is to hard restart. While this is happening, I can sometimes use the arrow keys to select some options, but not all. I have been able to save files using command keys but I am getting very annoyed with this. I have had the computer for two weeks. Today I had to restart eight times!

So far I have found two main 'solutions'. One is to use the startup diagnostic. That doesn't work because the trackpad is fine after restarting. The other is to update the driver which I can't because there is no updateable driver for my model: 13ar050lsa

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,023 9,997 405 473
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlanMack

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

Next step, BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done uninstall the Touchpad device,

Next, uninstall Touchpad device from device manager.

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it. 
  2. In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices". 
  3. Under this category, right-click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall. 
  4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button. 
  5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver. 
  6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,023 9,997 405 473
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlanMack
Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,023 9,997 405 473
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlanMack

Thank you for posting back.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the trackpad. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation