Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
So, I just sent back my envy 6t-1000 for the second time today because the left hinge completely broke and I can't even open the laptop. I've had it for a year and 5 days exactly and my warranty expired, so I'm paying all out of pocket for hp to fix it.
Back in about October I went on a trip, came back and my laptop had a cracked screen and after talking with hp they told me that any 6t-1000 model for a certain time span had a "defective" hinge kit since these were new ones to accommodate the ultra book style.
In the end I don't know why I'm really paying for HP to fix the hinge kit that is defective in the first place. Especially for a $171 due to my warranty being overdue by a measly 5 days. Can anyone offer some advice or tips so I can work with hp? I surely don't want this to be "fixed" and magically 6 months down the road end up having to replace the hinge kit a 3rd time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm afraid I also have the same problem.

I noticed this last week as I used to get a cracking noise when I open or close the ultrabook. However, last night when I was about to close I had a crack on the screen and after close examination there was problem with the hinge. I still havn't approched anyone to fix it. The protection plan has expired and not sure what next. Help or suggestions regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

12/02/13 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem.   I am so incredibly frustrated with this issue, as I have not done anything to my laptop.  My warranty is expired, of course, so the customer service is completely terrible for me.  My ethernet port also no longer works, because the hinge on that doesn't seem to want to hold the cord in the port.  The hardware on these things is really terrible, and I'm paying the price for it.  I don't think I'll ever buy an HP laptop again after this awful experience.

HP Recommended

05/08/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I'm afraid I also have the same problem.

I noticed this last week as I used to get a cracking noise when I open or close the ultrabook. However, last night when I was about to close I had a crack on the screen and after close examination there was problem with the hinge. I still havn't approched anyone to fix it. The protection plan has expired and not sure what next. Help or suggestions regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended
Seems to be a recurring issue on this model. I would really like some tech or rep to post on this forum and confirm or give reason as to why this keeps happening. I'm sure you will be contacted shortly by a HP representative as they have great customer service, and they actually fixed my issue.
HP Recommended

Lets hope someone will contact me soon to fix this problem.  

HP Recommended

06/09/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended
Seems like you got reached out too, told you great service.
HP Recommended

I got an email and have replied with all the details. Please can you tell me how long you think this is going to take to fix the problem? atleast share your timelines. I'm kinda missing carrying my ultrabook to work as I can't close it. I hope this will be sorted asap.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.