Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 convertible 15m-cn0011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My battery overheated to the point the area around the touchpad could not be touched and it expanded and bulged in size.

I immediately shutdown the laptop and uplugged.

After it cooled down I open the bulging case and removed the battery.

I have pictures for HP to show the new size of the battery.

I have tried to get through to a real person at HP but have not been successful.

I have read many online incidents where this has happened and was wondering if anyone has been successful in getting a replacement battery from HP.

Or.

Does anyone have any other ways to remedy this issue other than just buying a replacement battery.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @rdmeyers

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I will be glad to when someone contacts me about this issue.

Thanks for sending it up the food chain.

I look forward to seeing how HP handles this.

HP Recommended

I'm very sorry to say I cannot accept this as a solution!!!

The person who contacted me did not offer anything other than a $300.00 option to send for repair or a discount to buy a new laptop at the HP online store.

The other item the person offered was paid local support for a second opinion. I don't need a second opinion the battery buldged out and overheated.

There was no option for them to send me a new battery only to have the laptop "Serviced" for $300.00.

(Not sure if that included the new battery or not).

I am the original owner of this laptop and have the original purchase receipt. It is just out of warranty.

I think HP should do something about an overheating, buldging battery in a laptop for more than 1 year.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.