Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Gnarley-Charlie Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy dv7 touchpad stopped working

ENVY dv7i-7300 CTO Quad Editio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been running windows 10 for almost a year with no problems to my touchpad. Today it stopped working completely. I went into the device manager and it showed the touchpad still connected. I restarted my computer and now it is as if my touchpad does not exist at all. The drivers for the touchpad are installed and I checked for updates. Could it be that the connection inside the laptop has come loose?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy dv7 touchpad stopped working

Hello @Gnarley-Charlie,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the TouchPad issue, and wanted to assist you!

That is a possibility.  First, try testing the hardware using the Components Test.  You can use the following document to help: HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation