Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy m6-k010dx Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The battery of my laptop has died and it will no longer power without being on the charger. I understand my laptop has a 3-cell, 5.0WHr 4.52AH Li-ion battery, but since the HP website no longer has 2013 laptops listed, I was hoping someone would tell me what battery they offer (if they offer it) that is compatible with my laptop.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP will not carry a battery for it any more and we are going to have to go into the aftermarket, which is not a problem. 

It's an internal battery so you need to remove the back cover. 

Battery you need:

3 cell, 50 WHr 4.52 AH Li-ion battery 715050-001

Manual

See p. 32 for instructions. 

Genuine battery:

https://www.amazon.com/715050-001-HP-SPS-BATT-50WHR-4-52AH/dp/B01BK2U6LO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484...

Please let us know where you live (county) and there are going to be many options. We can also likely find you an instructional video. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as OSlution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP will not carry a battery for it any more and we are going to have to go into the aftermarket, which is not a problem. 

It's an internal battery so you need to remove the back cover. 

Battery you need:

3 cell, 50 WHr 4.52 AH Li-ion battery 715050-001

Manual

See p. 32 for instructions. 

Genuine battery:

https://www.amazon.com/715050-001-HP-SPS-BATT-50WHR-4-52AH/dp/B01BK2U6LO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484...

Please let us know where you live (county) and there are going to be many options. We can also likely find you an instructional video. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as OSlution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.