Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

16 gb should be enough. Here is a screenshot of the Macrium installed on my laptop and the menu to select how to start making the thumb drive. Called rescue media. 

create rescue mediacreate rescue media

When you are ready to try booting from the usb you have made tap esc as you power the laptop up and you will get an option to select boot device (F9 I believe) you select the usb thumb drive. You will boot to the Macrium program and you select clone and pick the source and target disk. I am beginning to sense this may be beyond your capabilities and you are right you may just want to transfer files off the 1 TB disk onto the 2 TB and give up the idea of a clone. 

HP Recommended

No, it's definitely not out of my capabilities. But the more I think about it, why am I transferring everything? I can very easily put what I really want into this new laptop (arriving tomorrow) and get a casing for this in case I ever want to get things from it, use it as an external in the future.

Thanks for your help. I just have too many questions as I like to know EVERYTHING about what I am getting myself into, and I don't want to bother you anymore. I do appreciate all your assistance up to this point.

HP Recommended

People do clones because maybe there is an app on the old computer they do not have media to reinstall or some specific reason. Usually to avoid reinstalling or reconfiguring something. Personally I do a clean install. Cloning is just one arrow in a tech's quiver and you need to decide what you need and the best way to make it happen. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Well, there is only one of those, and I've transferred it manually to every computer I have ever owned.

Thanks for all your time. I really do appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.