Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy x2 Detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi -- for a couple of weeks, for reasons unknown, my Envy x2 Detachable doesn't charge while plugged in unless the keyboard lid is closed on the device (i.e., the device is off or sleeping). I've looked in various forums; most fixes have to do with removing a battery, which isn't possible on this device. Does anyone have another fix? This is an absolutely maddening problem. I've run HP Support Assistant diagnostics, and it indicates no problem with the battery. I've also made sure that all drivers related to the battery are the most current, and reinstalled them.

Many thanks...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Reggie44

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy x2 Detachable laptop. I read that the battery does not change when the lid is open and says "plugged in not charging". The battery only charges when the lid is closed or when the laptop is off. The battery test through the HP Support Assistant shows that the battery is fine. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any updates happen on the laptop recently post which the battery may have stopped charging?
  • If the charger is disconnected, then does the battery power up the laptop?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps:

• Please calibrate the battery by following the steps from this link. NOTE: There are several ways to calibrate the battery. Let us go with "Testing and calibrating the battery using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI (preferred method)".
  • If the issue persists post calibration then I suggest you to update the notebook BIOS. Please have the ac adapter connected while updating the BIOS. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please let me know what happens. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.