20 19 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable Bluetooth keyboard

Envy x2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi All,

Common issue where detachable Bluetooth keyboard, Specially Envy x2 models won’t work after a while. Before following the steps make sure if the Bluetooth button is powered ON, there will be a light.

Steps to be followed:

1: Connect the keyboard to tablet.

2: Shut down the NB completely.

3: Perform a power drain by holding power button and volume down button for 15sec.

Note: The NB will power ON and power OFF instantly.

4: Now power ON the NB.

5: Login to the NB and check if the keyboard works or not.

6: If not working call HP Technical Support 1-800-474-6836

I am an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.
Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped, Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.
SO that it helps others to find solutions
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x2 detachable Bluetooth keyboard

To reset an X2 detachable it is only necessary to  set the keyboard into "discovery” mode:

• Turn off keyboard. 
  • Hold finger down on Bluetooth button until it blinks continuously.
  • Go to device manager and select "Add Device" you should see  "keyboard (ready to pair)”
  • Click on pair and let drivers install.

The keyboard is a simple Bluetooth device.  Attach it like any other Bluetooth device.  That is what the little Bluetooth key is for.

Unfortunately, HP forgot to document this and the techs get this mixed up with the notebook instructions and the tablet instructions.

Happy Bluetooth-ing.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation