Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-ee0175ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

i tried to charge the Laptop (HP Envy x360 15-ee0175ng) with my powerbank (Aukey PB-Y24)that came yesterday.

But as soon as is start the laptop it stops charging, all 4 led's (the powerbank was fully charged as i started trying) keeps glowing and the charging led on the laptops stops glowing, if i shut down the laptop it starts charging again.

I also purchased a wallplug from Aukey (PA-B3) and with that all works perfectly.

The wallplug and also the powerbank can deliver PD with 65 watts, thats the same amount of watts that the charger that came with the Laptop and the HP USB-C charger that i bought.

Edit: switching the USB charging option in the bios doen't make a difference, its on both setting charging while laptop is off and stops charging while laptop is on.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KönigNasenbär wrote:

... Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

@KönigNasenbär 

The problem is they are NOT compatible. Even the following HP USB-C Power bank is not compatible with Envy machines

https://h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2NA10AA&opt=&sel=ACC#specs

(HP Envy machines are not on the list)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KönigNasenbär wrote:

... Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

@KönigNasenbär 

The problem is they are NOT compatible. Even the following HP USB-C Power bank is not compatible with Envy machines

https://h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2NA10AA&opt=&sel=ACC#specs

(HP Envy machines are not on the list)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info,

its just hard to understand to me why its incompatible.

I mean the powerbank has the wattage needed for the laptop, its charging it while its powerd off.

All other chargers that i have tested are working fine.

So it just a switch that HP can turn on and it would work maybe?

Thank you again for the answer 🙂

HP Recommended

For all who have the same problem:

I solved it by buying an usb-c to dc adapter and the laptop is charging now from the powerbank while its powerd on

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.