Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13-bd0000 (172M7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello there, I'm hoping to reach out to this community for some assistance and advice. I purchased an Envy x360 laptop back in April 2021, and despite a few minor issues, it was working well. However, a few days ago, I went to open the laptop cover, and to my surprise, the hinge on the right side broke. This caused the corner of the monitor to pop out, and unfortunately, the screen got cracked. I want to mention that I have not dropped it, and it has not been subjected to any physical impact that could have caused such damage.

After researching the issue, I discovered that many HP laptop users have encountered a similar problem, leading to an ongoing legal action against HP for using faulty hinge components. Although my laptop is no longer under warranty, I believe that HP has a responsibility to repair the damage. The laptop has some programs that are essential to me, and I cannot replace them.

I have seen other users in this community post about the same issue, but it's unclear if anyone has received any help from HP. I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has had this problem fixed and how they went about resolving it. Additionally, I plan to reach out to the law firm that's collecting testimonies on this issue. Despite this, I remain hopeful that HP's customer support can offer me some assistance.

If anyone has any advice on the best way to tackle this hinge problem, I would be grateful. Thank you all in advance for your valuable input.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @samasama,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this message wasn't helpful to find the solution I was looking for. It directs me to take it to a service center which isn't a support nor solving problem I am having with a defective. The money and time wasted on this machine HP made is very disappointing.

HP Recommended

The link only took me to the support page where circle me back to this community again. Is there actual thing HP can do about this broken hinge causing broken display for expired warranty product or not? I just need to know the answer since I don't want to wasted time anymore. It is serious manufacturing issue and I don't think it is worth fixing it paying hundreds off dollars on the top of what I paid to buy this piece. And I also want to know what kind of support HP offers for my future purchase. 

HP Recommended

Hi @samasama 

To get the answer to this question, we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you reach out to our support team. I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards, 

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For those who are having the same issue as mine, the broken hinge and broken monitor as a result, the tech support doesn't help. Do not waste your time calling them or reaching out unless you have a warranty. They just told me that it will cost about $500-$600 and you have to ship it back. No thank you. This computer is not worth it especially if the new parts will have the same issue. This is just such a shame.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.