09-16-2019 04:49 AM
I have had this laptop (Envy x360) for under a year, which I use for uni. Since receiving it I have noticed that the fan is unusually loud, and the laptop has trouble with/heats up a surprising amount when operating programs such as word, notebook and chrome, especially for one this price.
I also noticed an issue with the speakers, where they sometimes cut out when playing sound.
How would I be able to resolve these issues?
09-18-2019 04:32 PM
@Piers113 Welcome to HP Community!
Click here to see this video in full screen on YouTube to reduce Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating,
Alternatively, you can Click here for step by step instructions.
Also, to resolve issues such as Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly:
- Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
- Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
- Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
- Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
- Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use
Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee