Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently moved to Spain but accidentally left my laptop charger at home (ahh!!). I went to a computer store here in Spain and explained what happened, and the employee sold me a universal charger. It technically works with my laptop but I wanted to check if using this product is a good idea. 

The bottom of my laptop says: "Input: 19.5 V, 2.31A"

Here are images of the Spanish charger: (sorry I don't know why they are sideways!!)20190918_213406.jpg

20190918_214941.jpg

Thank you for your help!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Katy-C , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information.  Once I have this information I will help you further.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you @Old_geekster. My laptop model: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-ba0xx. Is that more helpful?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Katy-C!  Thank you for the additional information.  However, I need the numbers/letters where the two xx's are in the model.  You can find this information in HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

Hmm, I'm sorry, I am still struggling to find this info, even in Support Assistant. Are you referring to the product number?

Thank you again SO much for your help!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Katy-C!

Yes, the product number will be great!

HP Recommended

Thank you! Here is the product number: 1KT47UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@Katy-C, you are welcome.  It took a while, but we finally got there.  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the original HP AC adapter: https://www.impactcomputers.com/741553-850.html

Look at the tab titled "Specification" in the link that I provided.

Everything looks to be the same on the new adapter; except, I don't see where the original states 45W.  Since all of the other specs are the same, I don't believe that it will hurt your laptop to use it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.