Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 BF102TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, I have a HP Pavilion 14 BF-102TX.

1. My question is can I use this particular M.2 SSD  for my particular model of laptop:

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-512gb-3d-nand-nvme-gen3x4-pcie-m2-2280-solid...

2. My other question is, will this M.2 SSD work along side my internal SATA SSD drive installed too?

3. can i only use one or the other or can both be used in my laptop together?

4. Also, most importantly, what is the Exact spec of my M.2 slot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you update regarding this particular M.2 SSD that i posted because i have already ordered it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Loomsy 

A1. No, it won't work. You can use M.2 SATA 3, not NVMe SSD,

A2. Yes, you can use dual storage M.2 SATA + normal 2.5" SATA.

A3. You can use one of them if you wish. For example one for Windows and other one for Linux

A4. See A1.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Loomsy 

A1. No, it won't work. You can use M.2 SATA 3, not NVMe SSD,

A2. Yes, you can use dual storage M.2 SATA + normal 2.5" SATA.

A3. You can use one of them if you wish. For example one for Windows and other one for Linux

A4. See A1.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for all your advice regarding this. Much appreciated. I will cancel my current order of the NVME SSD and re order the SATA 3 M.2 instead. Thanks @Benhien

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.