Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi @Pavlova,

frankly, the temporary tinnitus experience you had earlier, due to frequently occurring high-pitch fan-noise on your HP laptop, is something I thought was occurring to me on Fri morning, too, after having worked on my HP laptop for quite a while the day before. I.e.  after waking up, I heard a continuous high-pitch noise in both ears, so this experience does not seem to be merely imagination at your end, which from a healthcare point of view is quite concerning, indeed.

What I did do on that Thu evening, though, is perform following - unsollicited - BIOS update and that caused a tremendous reduction in the rate of excessive fan noise occurrences on my HP laptop:

• F.06 dd. Nov 2018 updated to F.16 dd. March 2019 (by HP SW and Driver update check known as F.16 Rev. A dd. April 17, 2019)

However, when this excessive fan noise  still occurs, occasionally, it's still the irritating high-pitch noise, which might even lead to  - temporary - tinnitus experiences with the user.

Regards,

André.

HP Recommended

My wife wakes up from sleep when i turn on the laptop, seems like airplane fan, i tied up the laptop to the table i'm afraid it will fly.
You pay 1300 euros for a laptop with editedfans,  and HP has no solution, and the assistance will walk you around for  months until you get tired, I work in an pc service center and i can assure you this.
Poor manufacture.
Never again HP.

HP Recommended

@ariannit

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but i have no intention to lose too much time with you and your team, because you just offer support but no solutions. As a pc technician i can say that none of the methods suggested for this problem work, the method of replacing the pc does not solve anything because i have friends that have the same model and we did comparisons, there are a lot of people complaining about the problem, so the only option that remains is the full refund, which you will never ever do. So the only thing that remains for me to do is to change my customers mind if they want to buy a hp.

HP Recommended

no reply from HP to me and neither moderator is posted my replies. wow. Just wow.

HP Recommended

Well, my brand new 15z is having this exact same issue.   Can't believe what I'm hearing...like a jet engine revving to take off.   I don't know whether to be comforted or upset that so many others are experiencing this problem.  I have a friend in the market for a new laptop, and I'm going to have to steer her away from HPs because of this.  It's a pity, because I otherwise love the laptop.

HP Recommended

@hokiejane

i have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input on fixing the excessive fan noise. However my HP Pavilion Laptop (15-cs0064 with BIOS .06) doesn't have a "Turbo-boost" setting in the BIOS. I did disable the "Fan Always On" setting in the BIOS but so far the excessive fan noise is still there.

HP Recommended

I'm just having the same issue! The computer sound like it's going to take off.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. It is incredibly loud. I solved it by going to the bios as suggested and restoring default settings.. but before I pressed f10 to save and exit I had a look through the settings and turned 'Fan always on' setting to off. So my fan isn't running at all right now for the past while but it should kick in when it has a need to. So far, so good. No sound which is peaceful. I don't use my laptop for gaming or heavy software so this may not be the solution for all but it suits me and hopefully a few others just fine. Thought I'd share

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.