Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

hello,

i have the same problem with my laptop hp pavillon g6 ,

i had changed fan always on to off on bios but this didn't resolve the problem

i think my phone is more strong than this hp laptop i can't see videos on youtube it gets too hot why

HP Recommended

And you are not the only one. I suffer from tinnitus and believe this is terrible. It's a manufacturer defect, I have the Latin version hp-cw005la and I almost feel like a pilot that an engine instead of a laptop fan. Oh yes, and it's not only Windows. I've use Ubuntu on this and got the same engine airplane sound. Last time I bought laptops from hp ever! 

HP Recommended

I've tried all the things that HP reps have suggested, I had a rep remote in and change the bios... nothing worked so they said basically the same thing, there was a problem with the hardware and to send it in for repair.  It was less than 30 days old so I and just exchanged it for a new one.  (Same model, and so time consumeing!)  it wasn't a solution.  I have the same exact horrible fan noise.  The issue is with this laptop's configuration, it is defective.  HP should earn some respect by owning the problem.  I too am beginning to have a serious constant whine in my left ear... is all this worth it for a laptop?  Especially one we're sending to kids going off to college?  

HP Recommended

Mine is a month old with the jet engine sound since the day I unboxed it. I've been meaning to call HP, and will try to call this week. Surely this has to be a known problem if so many people have brand new computers with this same problem. Is this not heard when these laptops are tested?

HP Recommended

hi, i bought af HP17 pavillion - It has been doing the same thing since I got it from new. This is just HP's way....so annoying and the reason why I will never buy a HP product again.

The worst thing however is that HP helpdesk always pretends that this is some special problem which can be fixed by all kinds of initiatives. 

Forget about HP - they do not listen to their customers and will continue to produce lapstops which sound like a jet engines because their choise of cheap components produce too much heat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.