Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

hello,

i have the same problem with my laptop hp pavillon g6 ,

i had changed fan always on to off on bios but this didn't resolve the problem

i think my phone is more strong than this hp laptop i can't see videos on youtube it gets too hot why

HP Recommended

And you are not the only one. I suffer from tinnitus and believe this is terrible. It's a manufacturer defect, I have the Latin version hp-cw005la and I almost feel like a pilot that an engine instead of a laptop fan. Oh yes, and it's not only Windows. I've use Ubuntu on this and got the same engine airplane sound. Last time I bought laptops from hp ever! 

HP Recommended

I've tried all the things that HP reps have suggested, I had a rep remote in and change the bios... nothing worked so they said basically the same thing, there was a problem with the hardware and to send it in for repair.  It was less than 30 days old so I and just exchanged it for a new one.  (Same model, and so time consumeing!)  it wasn't a solution.  I have the same exact horrible fan noise.  The issue is with this laptop's configuration, it is defective.  HP should earn some respect by owning the problem.  I too am beginning to have a serious constant whine in my left ear... is all this worth it for a laptop?  Especially one we're sending to kids going off to college?  

HP Recommended

Mine is a month old with the jet engine sound since the day I unboxed it. I've been meaning to call HP, and will try to call this week. Surely this has to be a known problem if so many people have brand new computers with this same problem. Is this not heard when these laptops are tested?

HP Recommended

hi, i bought af HP17 pavillion - It has been doing the same thing since I got it from new. This is just HP's way....so annoying and the reason why I will never buy a HP product again.

The worst thing however is that HP helpdesk always pretends that this is some special problem which can be fixed by all kinds of initiatives. 

Forget about HP - they do not listen to their customers and will continue to produce lapstops which sound like a jet engines because their choise of cheap components produce too much heat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.