Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 14ac120tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Gud am/pm guyz.. Can u help me.. Can my laptop support exp gdc ??
I want to upgrade the graphics card with an external gpu..cause r5 m330 does not meet my expectations.. Os win10 intgrted gpu intel hd 5000 dedi amd r5 m330... Does someone tried it?
Sory eng rip.. Tyia.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @lee_123,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to know if you can use external graphics card on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your laptop?

As you mentioned you would like to know if you can use external graphics card on your PC.

Upgrading to an external graphics card is not a viable option as it could be very expensive.

You need the eGPU Dock, Graphics Card and a Power Supply Unit to setup External GPU.

How to Setup External Graphics Card for Laptop ??

The dock comes with a power connector and a Mini PCIE to HDMI Cable. In the order to setup eGPU you have to connect the cable into your Laptop’s Mini PCIE socket by replacing the WiFi LAN Card. Before doing this please uninstall the WiFi driver of your laptop. There are lots of laptops brands in the world, but in different laptops you will find the socket in the different area of it. In some laptop its just behind the laptop, you just have to open the access door but in other laptops you have find it your self. According to your laptop you have to find that Mini PCIE slot and connect the eGPU cable into it. Its not too difficult you can do it by watching a disassembly video of your laptop’s model on YouTube or you can take a help of a computer technician.

I would suggest you buy an Omen gaming laptop which would make more sense.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead!  🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @lee_123,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to know if you can use external graphics card on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your laptop?

As you mentioned you would like to know if you can use external graphics card on your PC.

Upgrading to an external graphics card is not a viable option as it could be very expensive.

You need the eGPU Dock, Graphics Card and a Power Supply Unit to setup External GPU.

How to Setup External Graphics Card for Laptop ??

The dock comes with a power connector and a Mini PCIE to HDMI Cable. In the order to setup eGPU you have to connect the cable into your Laptop’s Mini PCIE socket by replacing the WiFi LAN Card. Before doing this please uninstall the WiFi driver of your laptop. There are lots of laptops brands in the world, but in different laptops you will find the socket in the different area of it. In some laptop its just behind the laptop, you just have to open the access door but in other laptops you have find it your self. According to your laptop you have to find that Mini PCIE slot and connect the eGPU cable into it. Its not too difficult you can do it by watching a disassembly video of your laptop’s model on YouTube or you can take a help of a computer technician.

I would suggest you buy an Omen gaming laptop which would make more sense.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead!  🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks 4 helping!
HP Recommended

Hi @lee_123! You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am happy I was able to answer your query.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.