Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion CE1001TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had noticed a few weeks ago that my laptop is discharging much faster than it used to be. A few days earlier it turned off suddenly and  I got an HP battery alert message. I ran a battery check from bios which said the battery needs to be replaced. I contacted HP support. I was told batteries are not converted under a 2-year extended care pack and a quotation will be sent if I want to replace batteries.

Now I tried to check if batteries are covered in the extended care pack or not.

1. here  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05843717,  It says non-removable batteries are covered under any extended care pack up to 3 years

2. in this pdf  https://h20345.www2.hp.com/Resources/csndocs/elfpack/IN_EN/service%20level%20group/SvcDesc_HW_1D.pdf... which specifies care pack services, on page no. 7 ,it says "HP Notebook and Tablet long-life batteries
are covered for up to 3 years."

3. After log-in to HP sites, under warranty information of my notebook, it says something  'N-CSR Battery replacement' in the deliverable section.

I called HP customer care to ask if they can provide me a link to some webpage or pdf where it says batteries are not converted in care-pack. They denied that and said that I can find it myself by googling and hung the phone call immediately

my questions are:

1. are Batteries really not covered in the extended care pack?

2. if yes, can someone provide some link where it says so. And then what about the above links where it says "non-removable batteries are covered in warranty" what does that mean?

Notebook Model: Pavillion ce1001tx

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Himanshu296 

We - the Community - are not in a position to challenge decisions made by HP Support and HP Care Pack Support.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

The resources I can offer, even that of sending the issue to Review, will inevitably send you back in circles to the same Support people with whom you have already had more than one conversation.

If you decide to change out the battery yourself, let us know and we can provide information.

Stay Safe.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not challenging their decision. I just want someone from HP to confirm that indeed Batteries are not covered in the care-pack warranty. There must somewhere on HP websites where it says that is the case. I've already seen two places which say non-removable batteries are covered under any care-pack for up to 3 years. I need clarification on that.

HP Recommended

@Himanshu296 

Right.

So, I sent a request for Review.

Note that you may - or may not - receive a response.

Be patient.

If you decide to change the battery, let us know and we can provide information for you to do that.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.