Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

External optical drive pavilion x360

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 U101DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The device didn't come with an optical drive, which I knew. So I bought an LG external optical drive (sb80nb60.) Iinstalled the software or came with - CyberLink media suite. Then I told it to play a movie inserted a DVD. I got an error stating, "CyberLink power media player does not support the playback of this media format." It is a store - bought DVD of atelevision series. VLC did not work and I'm not sure why. Windows media player didn't work either. How can I play DVDs on my computer?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,510 84,397 10,668 22,880
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Probably the format of the DVD  is NOT a DVD format because TWO players rejected it ? What is it ? Can you try a normal DVD movie ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The DVD I was using was abrad new store-bought Big Bang Theory. On putting it in, it had the sane effect as searching for "DVD" in the Microsoft store. I just tried a regular movie and it opened the movie tab of CyberLink Power media Player, but, again, couldn't play the disc, giving the same error as before.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Okay the second time I inserted the disc, it brought up the Microsoft store as described. ( this is where I picked up vlc player. It's third on the list.)

Oy. On the upside, it plays audio cds well and easily!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation