Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I need to know if there are any power banks from Anker or Ravpower that are able to be used to power or charge the Spectre x360 15 laptop. If not, your suggestions for portable power chargers would be helpful. 

Does HP still not let you use any chargers other than their own, including these types of portable chargers? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@crs

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you want to know if there's an external power bank to charge your HP x360 15 laptop,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that there are no HP supplied or tested power banks tested to charge HP devices as off now?

That said, here's what you need to know:

If you have an HP Spectre x360 with thunderbolt enabled USB port, here's what you need to know:

I looked elsewhere and apparently power banks won't charge unless they can output enough Watts to the laptop, however I found that Razer does make a 45W power bank for the same purpose to charge their Razer blade stealth. 

There are a few experts who have tested different chargers with different laptops and it seems like the x360 does accept power from other chargers/power banks (Picture attached), however, HP hasn't tested any devices as such, as of now and doesn't recommend using one either.

usbccharging_state_2017-100709054-orig.jpg

That said, If I have helped you answer your query, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@crs

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you want to know if there's an external power bank to charge your HP x360 15 laptop,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that there are no HP supplied or tested power banks tested to charge HP devices as off now?

That said, here's what you need to know:

If you have an HP Spectre x360 with thunderbolt enabled USB port, here's what you need to know:

I looked elsewhere and apparently power banks won't charge unless they can output enough Watts to the laptop, however I found that Razer does make a 45W power bank for the same purpose to charge their Razer blade stealth. 

There are a few experts who have tested different chargers with different laptops and it seems like the x360 does accept power from other chargers/power banks (Picture attached), however, HP hasn't tested any devices as such, as of now and doesn't recommend using one either.

usbccharging_state_2017-100709054-orig.jpg

That said, If I have helped you answer your query, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The table you put here seems to be about Spectre x360 13" versus 15" in the thread starting message.

And it seems it makes the difference for some reason - I do have 15" model and it won't charge from RavPower powerbank which supports 30W PD output. It also won't charge from CalDigit TS3 Lite docking station.

Is Spectre x360 15" supposed to be charging from 3rd party power sources?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.