• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Fan Issue - Really high pitch and contstant, rising and falling.

HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 - CW1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. 

I have unboxed my brand new lap top this morning.  Frustratingly it has a really high pitch sound coming from the fans.  All of a sudden fans will go into over drive with only one or two web pages open and when I check the processes in task manager memory etc have spiked very high. 

I've worked through most of the trouble shooting I can find.  Updated Windows and the Bios.  Even went into the Bios and turned off the continuous fan.  I'm not cleaning fans because it is brand new out of the box today. 

My question then is, firstly, what more can I do?

Secondly, if I send this back for a replacement is it likely the same will happen again as it seems like a common fault.  

I have had 3 HP laptops and the fans have been awful on all of them.  I decided I would never own one again but I have a HP lap top for work and it has been great - no problem at all with overheating and noisy fans so I thought HP must have resolved their issues and  I would give them another chance.   It is a real shame because it is a very smart lap top - other than the noise and the seemingly random increase in memory use etc It seems like a great piece of tech. 

Hopefully I can get this issue resolved. 

Any help is much appreciated.

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,400 14,402 1,411 1,638
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Diz341

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation