Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Power Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! Mi name its Martin or "Acrobat_Code" :Wink:

I have this HP notebook and until today i dont have any problem whit it, in fact the PC works fine excepts for a lilltle problem, when i run some software that requires more from the Procesor and the Video card (for expample a game like WOW) my computer starts to make a fun or cooler noise like it was about to take off my desk .

This starts solwly about a month ago and now its really loud and also i have a warning message screen when i turn on the pc that basically say "the fun its not functioning well if you you use this pc anyway it can be a mess".

So i run the HP software to verify the system and it doesnt show any failure or error message so i have two hipotesis or maybe three:

1- The problem its just dust in the cooler of the pc o the video card (i dont know if this model have a cooler on it).

2- The mentioned software dont check the fan and i dont know its real state.

or

3- The fan its broken and its badfuncitoning but i dont have any idea of why.

The notebook have 1 and a half year so the guarantee its not a resource to solve the problem.

Any idea, question or suggest its welcome!

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

(and sorry if a commit a gramathical error im not English native but i try my best)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there!

I have news! The problem its actually the fan (i guess). Today i open the notebook and see that both fans are clean and that the fan 1 its spinning really well but the fan 2 have  dificults to spin. I put some Isopropyl alcohol on the mentioned fan and it started to spin well. I put all in its place again and boot the notebook. It run well and dont make any nice even when i put it to its limits "but" after 3 hours of well functioning it starts to make that annoing sound again.

So what all you recomend to do? i should put some more alcohol on it, i should open it and clean it (and how) or i should replace the mentioned fun?

Thanks for taking the time for reading and have a nice day! :generic:

HP Recommended

@Acrobat_Code

Welcome to HP support community.

Update the Windows 

1. In Windows, search for and open Windows Update settings.

2. Click Check for updates.

If there are any available updates, they begin installing automatically.

3. After the updates install, restart your computer, if necessary.

Remove dust and lint by cleaning vents

Most notebook computers have vents located around the case to allow air to flow through the case. If these vents become clogged, or if heat-generating parts become covered with dust, the fan cannot cool the components properly, because the laptop is hot and overheating becomes a problem. Lint and dust accumulation prevents air from flowing around the cooling fan blades and causes the fan to work harder and the laptop to get hot.

Dusty component

Ensure proper space for ventilation

• Keep the laptop upright and on a sturdy, level surface.

• Provide at least 15.25 centimeters (6 inches) of clearance around each vent.

• If the laptop is being used at very high altitudes, above 1500 meters (5000 feet), take extra care to keep the laptop cool.

You  can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy!

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunaly the problem its the 2º fan and it need replacemente becuase it cannot sppin well.

Do you know if exist a manual or something where i can find the exact same fan that my notebook has?

its PN  number its the next but i cant found it in google PN 950589-001.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day! 😃

HP Recommended

@Acrobat_Code

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.