11-26-2010 10:21 AM - edited 11-26-2010 10:23 AM
Yesturday I updated my BIOS after I went on HP. I updated the BIOS and restarted the computer. It took about 10 seconds for it to boot and it said something about the BIOS being reset. Then, shorty after the fan started going crazy. The computer shut off and restarted by itself, saying the tempurature was too high.
The fan has never been this loud. I tried going into the BIOS and changing the setting of the fan but when I was in the 'advanced' section in the BIOS, there was no hardware monitor or anything. Could someone help me turn down the fan?
Also, I have a Pavilion m9517c, and just realized this was the wrong section..
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot