Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw0054wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I got a new HP notebook for Christmas, and out of the box the fan constantly runs when in use. As soon as I boot it up, the fan is running and doesn't stop until I close it back up. Can't be dust issues since it was straight out of the box. Computer doesn't feel warm for it to be a heating issue. Updated the computer and BIOS and still happening.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That's one Hot computer.  Fan issues can be cause the processor is running to hard. If you have unwanted programs on boot up or start up, try removing them.  Task manager then check under performance" see what program is staying on the top of the list causing to use the most performance.  You can perform various diagnostics by using Hp Support Assistant, you most likely have it pre installed.  Also check your power settings under "Power". 

No much eles to do but do a Bios update if recommended by HP and or replace the fan. I personally think its a processor issue, cause if it does not cool down or runs too hard it causes the fan to constantly run. 

Keep me Posted Darceus. Well go thru it

HP Recommended

I didn't notice anything in Task Manager suggesting a problem, though I don't know I would recognize one if I did. I had already done a BIOS update.

HP Recommended

It seems the fan will even turn on when the computer is sleeping.

HP Recommended

Type in Power in the start menu and get into the power settings or right click on the ac adapter plugged in symbol on the lower right. Make sure it says when i close the lid " set those to the appropriate how you want it. I set mine to power off. It must not be entering sleep mode successfully. If bios is up to date, I would contact HP while computer is still under warranty. They have software trouble shooting available if you avoiding having to ship the computer to them and loose it for a few weeks.  If I had my "LOG ME IN " Credentials I would log into your computer and check around. HP software tech could do a log me in and work on it. as a suggestion

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.