1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Fan is noisy and keeps whirring

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb002nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb002nb (since 10 may 2018). For a while now, the fans of my pc start to make a loud whirring noise from time to time. It happens sporadically (both when I have running a lot of programmes or none at all, both when I am using my pc for a long time of just started it). I tried everything from this support tread https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01007591 (cleaning vents, updating BIOS, Windows updates, graphics driver, lowering battery efficiency, reducing tasks running in background and with startup). I Have Windows 10, 64bit; BIOS F.41; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050, intel core i7 7700HQ 2.80GHz.

What can I do to resolve this issue? It's distracting, annoying and should not happen. I read that a lot of people have this issue, so I would be happy if this get fixed.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation