Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP omen 17 cb0588na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My sons laptop came up with an error message this morning upon switch on and it shut down after 15 secs warning that there could be major damage caused due to overheating. He has told me that the left fan sounded noisy.  We paid £1700 for it on the 18/12/2020 so is out of warranty by 32 days. I was after some advice on replacement fans if possible. He is autistic and his laptop is his world so any help would be massively appreciated. He has also broken the W and D keys on the keyboard. I have ordered the D Key for the USA and still looking for the W. Cheers Maz

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The cooling fan and heatsink are not terribly difficult to replace but it is a huge piece of copper tubes and plates and two fans so not an inexpensive part. Post back if you want specific help with it. Also, replacing a single key you are going to find out is not that easy to do. Happy to hang with you here and support your repair efforts. 

HP Recommended

Cheers Huffer need to know what to order firstly. I am assuming it is the fan for the GPU not the CPU. My son has been using a fan board also to drag more heat away. Laptop is only 13 months old. I have his TUF gaming laptop now as this did not have a port for VR. Thanks for any assistance. Cheers Maz

HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual 

I am having some trouble pulling the specs on the laptop particularly which video chip it has. The fan and heatsink is one big piece that covers cpu and gpu and includes both fans. The part you need is determined by the video you have. 

See pp. 18 and 44-46. 

HP Recommended

You need this:

Heat sink for use in models with GeForce RTX 2060 graphics L62864-001

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-OEM-HP-OMEN-17-CB-CPU-HEATSINK-Cooling-Fan-L62864-001-AT2K0009SK0...

HP Recommended

Cheers for your Help. I have contacted HP and initially they wanted £441 to repair it. I immediately replied and said I would have to think about it, she dropped the price to £366.40. Not sure on the parts price. But that is to replace the fan and heatsink assembly and the keyboard, A bit galling after paying £1700 new. I could try the sales of good act as the fans are not fit for purpose as they only lasted 13 months, but because of the damage to the keyboard they will think it has been mistreated not the result of furious gaming on my son's part. 

HP Recommended

Replacing the keyboard is a major challenge. Requires nearly complete disassembly of the laptop. The price is somewhat on the high side but not outside the realm of reason for parts and labor. Good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.